Code of Conduct
U3A Prospect expects that all members, tutors and other volunteers will behave in a courteous and civilised manner in all dealings relevant to U3A Prospect. As a member of U3A Prospect, you therefore agree to abide by this Code of Conduct by:
1. Participating in U3A Prospect activities in a friendly and positive way at all times.
2. Being honest and ethical in all dealings with U3A Prospect.
3. Showing respect, courtesy and consideration to everyone you deal with in U3A Prospect and the general public in relation to our activities.
4. Being punctual and reliable in attending U3A Prospect classes/events/office rosters or other commitments; and forewarning of unavoidable absences, withdrawals from classes and events.
5. Observing strict confidentiality regarding organisational and member’s personal information to which you may have access.
6. Avoiding all forms of discriminatory behaviour in regard to nationality, ethnicity, gender, sexuality, culture, religions, age and mental or physical disability.
7. Not engaging in behaviour that is inappropriate, disruptive or intimidating, as would breach the rights of other persons to participate in a class/event or to carry out their designated role.
8. Preserving the wellbeing and safety of members, tutors and presenters, office staff, committee and working group members by:
(a) Participating safely in each class or activity, and abiding by all reasonable directives or prerequisites specified by the tutor or group leader for that participation;
(b) Refraining from activities or comments that would place others in a vulnerable situation;
(c) Not causing any wilful damage to any premises, materials, facilities or equipment used by U3A Prospect.
9. Promoting U3A Prospect in a positive manner.
10. Abiding by this Code of Conduct and all other U3A Prospect published policies and procedures.
Adapted from U3A Adelaide Code of Conduct